- This event has passed.
2017 Canadian Inland Ports Conference
October 4, 2017 @ 8:00 am - October 5, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Join us on October 4 & 5, 2017 at the 2017 Canadian Inland Ports Conference in Calgary, Alberta at the University of Calgary Downtown Campus!
This conference builds on a very successful conference that was hosted in 2016 in Winnipeg. The theme of this year’s conference is Canada’s Ports: Gateways to Enable Trade.
Focusing on the importance of a linked supply chain, the morning of October 4 will focus on Canada’s sea ports and the afternoon will centre on Canada’s Inland Ports, the Pacific Gateway Alliance, and Railway, Shippers and Competitive Access in the Public Interest. October 5 will showcase learnings from our inland port neighbours to the south and on new trade challenges and future direction for Canada’s Gateways.
The 2017 Canadian Inland Ports Conference will investigate the economic and societal importance of our existing inland ports and by reference to examples of inland ports in Europe and North America, demonstrate what the future economic impact of these inland ports can be within their region and within Canada.
October 4, 2017
8:00 Networking Breakfast and Registration
8:40 Welcoming Remarks
8:45 European Perspective: The Importance of a Linked Supply Chain
- Moderator: Colleen Shepherd, Executive Director, Calgary Regional Partnership (Confirmed)
- Arènso Bakker, Principal, StigConsult (Confirmed)
9:30 The Competitive Advantage of Canada’s Ports: Eastern Canada
- Moderator: Halia Valladares, Dean of Business, Capilano University (Confirmed)
- Tony Boemi, Vice-President, Growth and Development, Montreal Port Authority (Confirmed)
- Andrew Dixon, Senior Vice President, Trade and Business Development, Saint John Port Authority (Confirmed)
- Morley Strachan, Director, Asia-Atlantic Gateway, Halifax Port Authority (Confirmed)
11:15 The Competitive Advantage of Canada’s Ports: Western Canada
- Moderator: John Tenpenny, Editor, Canadian Shipper (Confirmed)
- Peter Xotta, Vice President, Planning and Operations, Port of Vancouver (Confirmed)
- Andrew Hamilton, Director, Strategic Initiatives, Prince Rupert Port Authority (Confirmed)
12:15 Lunch Keynote Address
- Patrick Gosselin, Director, Ports and Seaway Policy, Transport Canada (Confirmed)
1:30 The Competitive Advantage of Canada’s Inland Ports
- Moderator: Darryl Anderson, Managing Director, Wave Point Consulting (Invited)
- Russ Hanson, Executive Director of Business Development & Sales, CentrePort Canada Inc. (Confirmed)
- Bryan Richards, President and CEO, Global Transportation Hub (Confirmed)
- Brian Dumsday, Manager, Trade & Investment, Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, Port Alberta (Confirmed)
- Mary Moran, President and CEO, Calgary Economic Development & Colleen Shepherd, Executive Director, Calgary Regional Partnership, Calgary Region Inland Port, Calgary Region Inland Port (Confirmed)
- Kleo Landucci, Managing Director, Ashcroft Terminal (Confirmed)
3:35 Optimizing Supply Chains to Ensure Trade Access & Global Competitiveness
- Moderator: Christoph Doehner, Director, Van Horne Institute and President, Bold Realty (Confirmed)
- Michael Gullo, Director of Policy, Economic & Environmental Affairs, Railway Association of Canada (Confirmed)
- David Montpetit, President and CEO, Western Canadian Shippers Coalition and President, Diadem Group LTD. (Confirmed)
- Forrest Hume, Partner, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP (Confirmed)
- Alex Phillips, President and CEO, Van Horne Institute (Confirmed)
October 5, 2017
8:30 Breakfast Keynote Address
- Douglas Harrison, President, VersaCold (Confirmed)
9:15 Learning from our Inland Port Neighbours to the South
- Moderator: Peter Hurme, Programming Director, Cargo Logistics Canada and Correspondent, Lloyds List (Confirmed)
- Michael Hoffman, General Manager, Terminal Operations, South Carolina Port Authority (Confirmed)
- Colby Tanner, Assistant Vice President, Economic Development, BNSF (Confirmed)
10:30 Linking Markets and Accessing Gateways
- Moderator: Paul Levelton, Global Ports Infrastructure Lead, KMPG LLP (Confirmed)
- Bernard Lachance, Director of Marketing – Petroleum and Chemicals, CN (Confirmed)
- Mike Foran, Vice-President, Market Strategy and Asset Management, CP (Confirmed)
11:15 New Trade and Future Opportunities for Canada’s Gateways
- Moderator: Steve Shepherdson, Chair, Van Horne Institute (Confirmed)
- Michael Reeves, President, Ports to Plains Alliance (Confirmed)
- Tiffany Melvin, President, North American Strategy for Competitiveness (NASCO) (Confirmed)
- Jim Saunderson, Assistant Deputy Minister, Western Economic Diversification, Government of Canada (Confirmed)
- Daryl Hanak, Executive Director, Trade Policy – International, Economic Development and Trade Government of Alberta (Confirmed)
12:00 Lunch Keynote Address
- Mike Tretheway, Chief Economist and Chief Strategy Officer, InterVISTAS Consulting Group (Confirmed)
13:15 Wrap Up
Ramada Calgary Downtown; Room Rate of $124 a night; http://ramadacalgary.com/
Please call Toll Free 1-800-661-8684 or the hotel direct at 403 263 7600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the group name “1710VANHORN” when making your reservation.
Sponsorship is available!
2017 Canadian Inland Port Conference Sponsorship Opportunities
eventbriteis already in use.