- This event has passed.
Diversity in Supply Chain Career Fair
November 5, 2015
Booth Price: $150 (Includes lunch & snacks + keynote tickets + Pre-screening interviews)
The Diversity in Supply Chain project is a one-day career fair including keynote speakers, panel discussions and a workshop series. The goal of the event is to connect the Supply Chain industry to underemployed or unemployed people that fit within the six underrepresented groups (Women, Aboriginal Persons, Persons with Disabilities, Immigrants, Youth and Mature workers).
Increasing diversity in Canada’s workforce leads to a competitive advantage in the marketplace, and higher corporate performance and profitability. Diversity improves short term business performance by reducing costs, resolving labour shortages, accessing new markets and improving performance in existing markets. Companies with a diverse workforce have been shown to be more adaptable, have greater innovation and increased customer relations.
Building on the work completed by the Van Horne Institute in Women in Supply Chain, Youth in Supply Chain and Building Inclusive Workplaces projects, Diversity in Supply Chain aims to enable companies to put previous research into practice.
The Van Horne Institute is inviting interested companies to participate in the supply chain career fair in Calgary. Additionally, we would like to welcome individuals to share their personal experiences on overcoming obstacles at the event.
Why come to Diversity in Supply Chain?
- Access a diverse talent pool of up to 300 attendees
- Create an understanding and an awareness of the value in building inclusive workplaces
- Explore issues related to workplace equity from all six underrepresented groups’ point of view
- Identify barriers, solutions and best practices of inclusive workplaces
- Showcase your company’s career opportunities
- Find candidates for your organization through pre-screening interviews
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
William Merrill, Project Lead
eventbriteis already in use.